guix-devel

Re: Packaging Hyprland

From: John Kehayias
Subject: Re: Packaging Hyprland
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 22:32:29 +0000

Slightly off topic, but for anyone wondering about my emacs keys issue:

On Sat, Feb 24, 2024 at 04:01 PM, John Kehayias wrote:

> Seems xremap can do it (which we have packaged) except it doesn't
> pick up different applications for where keys apply on Hyprland. I
> do miss in Stump how easy that was right in the config.

It does work! Slight difficulty since I had already set capslock to
control in my Hyprland settings (via xkb I believe). So I still had to
map capslock to control in xremap as well, and then the provided
example of emacs keybindings works (with the modification that on my
system at least it is 'emacs' (lowercase) for the application name to
make sure xremap doesn't apply there as well.)

Guess I can continue with Hyprland!