Re: [Health-dev] [task #16498] Migration to Tryton 7.0

From: Mathias Behrle
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [task #16498] Migration to Tryton 7.0
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 17:46:33 +0100

* Gerald Wiese: " Re: [Health-dev] [task #16498] Migration to Tryton 7.0" (Wed,
  21 Feb 2024 11:43:42 +0100):

Hi together,

> I don't have strong feelings about this but I see one problem with the
> suggested proposal to synchronize it with Tryton:
>
> If we go to 7.0 as well, we kind of indicate to be consistent with
> Trytons versioning.
>
> But if they release non-LTS version 7.2 and we release new functionality
> in 7.2 based on Tryton 7.0 it becomes confusing.

Why should that happen? Why would you want to release GH with version 7.2, if
is is not based on Tryton 7.0 (e.g. you can release new functionality just as
you want with 7.0.<minor_as_high_as_you_want>). And if you still want to mark
special releases of GH, you could even go with sub-minors like 7.0.1.1, 7.0.1.2
and then 7.0.2.1. Versioning this way would just declare in a much more
clear and promiment way API compatibility with Tryton 7.0 (which you have
otherwise to state somewhere else, at the moment hardcoded in setup.py).

Best
Mathias