[Health] ICD-10 Wording problems

From: Khurram Shahzad
Subject: [Health] ICD-10 Wording problems
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 13:55:56 +0500

Dear All,

We searched in "conditions" stored in GNU Health for "Cervical Disorders" and found following condition:

Cervical Disc Disorders
code: M50

But the the WHO website shows following description for the same condition:
Cervical Disk Disorders
code: M50

The problem is with spellings of words Disk / Disc. The doctors at our hospital studied British Medical Books so they were searching for this diseases using 'Disc' and failed to find it.

My question is that why the wording of ICD-10 in GNU Health is different from that available on the WHO Site?

Do we have two different versions of ICD-10 one being American and other British? If so, how can we get the British Version of ICD-10.

Thanking you in anticipation.

--

Regards,
Khurram.