[Help-smalltalk] Re: "How to" in GNU Smalltalk

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: "How to" in GNU Smalltalk
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 22:59:39 +0200

I'm leaving on holiday unfortunately, so I won't be able to fully answer your message. What I usually do is a combination of vim or emacs to enter new code, and the browser to read the existing stuff. Also note that I usually work on relatively small and well known (by me) bodies of code. For more complex work (e.g. the java/ directory in the 2.2 betas), I did the dialect independent parts in VisualWorks and then moved it to GST.

Please keep me posted.  Ping me on July 7th if you have more questions!