Re: [Help-smalltalk] Spam

From: Michael Haupt
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Spam
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 23:10:29 +0200

Hi,

On 10/28/05, John Pfersich <address@hidden> wrote:
> I've gotten so sick of it that I've unsubscribed from this list a few times.
> If anyone would like to join a Yahoo group I just started, you're quite
> welcome. Its at    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gnu_smalltalk.

you're right, it's a nuisance. By far most of the spam I get to this
email account is via this mailing list. Happily, the GMail spam filter
works very well.

"This" email account... well. A Yahoo group means I have to set up
*yet another* account somewhere. Oh dear.

I know this has been asked before, and I've read the answer, but
honestly: wouldn't it be the easiest thing to just bar this list to
non-subscribed writers? That would instantly stop the spam.

In my opinion, it's not too much to ask for. I've subscribed to this
list because I had some specific questions, and I'm still here because
there's much interesting stuff being posted. I have no reason to go.
Perhaps others feel like that, too.

So, even if this has been discussed over and over again: why not make
this a list where people have to subscribe to post?

Best,

Michael