Re: [Help-smalltalk] smalltalk-2.1h / browser

From: kraehe
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] smalltalk-2.1h / browser
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 03:02:15 +0200

Moin Paolo Bonzini,

> >> while trying the old TK with :
> >>
> >>   PackageLoader fileInPackage: 'BloxTK'!
> >>   PackageLoader fileInPackage: 'Browser'!
> >>   BLOX.BLOXBrowser.BrowserMain new initialize!
> Browser requires Blox which requires BloxGTK, so you get a whole mess of
> half-Tk, half-GTK blox...
> Anyway 2.2 will still use BloxTk by default, because BloxGTK does not
> support much more than the browser.  GTK will be enabled by default, but
> not for the browser.

  it would be great, if you provide a short readme, how to switch between
  BloxTK and BloxGTK ... or even how to extend the Blox idea to other GUIs ?

> I will put out a final tarball this week.

  I'm away on weekend ... but I might find some time for bughunting
  next week, if there is any newer (e.g. 2.1i) version ;)

ciao,Michael
--
  mailto:address@hidden             UNA:+.? 'CED+2+:::Linux:2.6.12'UNZ+1'
  http://www.xml-edifact.org/           CETERUM CENSEO WINDOWS ESSE DELENDAM