[Help-smalltalk] I've lost .so shared libraries!?

From: Mike Anderson
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] I've lost .so shared libraries!?
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 19:51:13 +0000

Hi,

I've been struggling with this one more-or-less since my last post.
Having compiled and installed 2.2 based on the repository, I found that
I can't load .so shared libraries any more. Further investigation
determines that the variable LTDL_SHLIB_EXT is no longer being set in
the configure process. The same is true for the smalltalk-2.2 tarball,
incidentally, but smalltalk-2.1g was OK.

The configure scripts are just too lengthy and convoluted for me to work
this out (and I have tried).

A secondary problem is that, on my Gentoo system, there are comments
inserted into /etc/ld.so.conf (by the command etc-update) which are not
stripped out, although I'm not sure this would actually break anything.

Pls. help.

Mike