Re: [Help-smalltalk] Trying to run browser...

From: Brian Brown
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Trying to run browser...
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 10:36:54 -0600

Ok, so what is basically going on here is that the package maintainers for the various distributions may or may not have compiled in the browser, depending on whether or not they wanted to have the dependencies on tcl/tk or gtk.

So building it from source should solve the problem... I'll give it a shot.

Also, on Mac OSX, I tried building from source and configure fails with:

configure: creating libtool
configure: error: "libffi has not been ported to i686-apple- darwin8.7.1."
configure: error: /bin/sh './configure' failed for libffi

That is because this is an Intel Mac - the pyobjc folks do have a libffi ported to the intel mac; is there a way to get the build to use that instead of the included one?

Brian