Re: [Help-smalltalk] GTK bug?

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] GTK bug?
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 13:25:25 +0200

I've problems with loading GTK. Every time I tried to
load GTK, (1) I got errors (at the end mail) when compiling
some classes. However, simple GTK programs works fine
for serveral minutes - (2) after that, everything freezes
and gst starts to consume 100% CPU. Do you have same
problems or it is just problem of my machine?

(1) should be fixed by this patch.  I'll try to reproduce (2) and come back.

You can also try "kill -USR1 <pid>" on the gst process to see *where* it freezes.

I'm interested in hearing from people who have a x86-64 linux machine. Does it run "make check" (possibly with a failure in DhbNumericalMethodws) or does it halt before? My machine halts before, but the failure is so weird (a call to ftruncate mysteriously zeros some memory, or something like that) that I wonder if it is a kernel bug of some sort.