[Help-smalltalk] [ANN] a new lightweight web framework for GST

From: Nicolas Petton
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] [ANN] a new lightweight web framework for GST
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 17:13:47 +0200

Hi,

I'm working since a few months on a small web framwork for GST named
Iliad.

Now, I think it could be useful to others, so I wanted to share the
code.

The framework uses pieces of code from other frameworks like Seaside and
HttpView2 and has the following features:

- Widgets: Stateful objects very similar to Seaside components with
block closure actions and show/answer

- Applications: special widgets which know how to dispatch a request,
you can see it as a root component, but with view methods.

- Fully ajaxified: Each widget is fully ajaxified, but it degrades
nicely when javascript is disabled, so the behaviour is exactly the same

if you are interested, here's a quick start:

svn co http://bioskop.fr/svn/gst/iliad iliad
cd iliad
gst-package -t ~/.st ./Core/package.xml
gst-package -t ~/.st ./Swazoo/package.xml
gst-package -t ~/.st ./More/Widgets/package.xml
gst-package -t ~/.st ./More/Magritte/package.xml
gst-package -t ~/.st ./More/Examples/package.xml
gst-package -t ~/.st ./package.xml

gst
>> PackageLoader fileInPackage: 'Iliad'
>> Iliad.SwazooIliad startOn: 7777
>> Processor activeProcess suspend

And go to http://localhost:7777/examples/counters/multicounter to see
the counter example.

The doc is almost inexistent, but I'll be happy to answer questions.
There are some comments in the code, in particular be sure to read
comments it:

- Core/Builders/Application.st
- Core/Builders/Widget.st

There is also a Redmine website at: http://iliad.bioskop.fr

If you encounter issues with Swazoo, be sure to load the latest port
from GST git.

Cheers!

Nico