Re: [Help-smalltalk] NetClients.ESMTP package

From: Chun, Sungjin
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] NetClients.ESMTP package
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 11:57:44 +0900

This is COOL!!!, I like it.

On Jun 27, 2009, at 10:33 AM, Joachim Jaeckel wrote:

Hello,

I have slightly modified the SMTPClient and SMTPProtocolInterpreter class and packaged an ESMTP.st (as NetClients.ESMTP) (with the Base64 code as NetClients.MIME.Base64).

The ESMTP Client is ready for future enhancements, but does his job for my purpose (mostly... Currently, I couldn't mail to GMX.net, but to my company, which is also very restritive with SPAMs... have to investiage it further.)

It is currently only capable of using the AUTH LOGIN method for the esmtp protocol, but others could be implemented (with a bit more work, for deciding which authentication method should be used in sending mails...)

With the ESMTPClient, mail sending was like the way, you could use the SMTPClient, with a little addition. You should provide the username and password to the client before sending the mail.

(The following example is from the "Mail scripting" example from Stephen Woolerton, enhanced by the line for username/password).

[client := NetClients.ESMTP.ESMTPClient connectToHost: 'mx.example.com'.
    client username: 'myUserName' password: 'myPassword'.
        [client sendMessage: message.

If you are interested, drop me a line, would be glad, if I could contribute it to gnu-smalltalk.

(it was not such a big modification, after having the base64 code.)

Best regards,
Joachim.