Re: [Help-smalltalk] Iliad: problem with UTF-8 in text: what the heck??

From: Bèrto ëd Sèra
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Iliad: problem with UTF-8 in text: what the heck?????
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 14:22:12 +0300

Hi all,

The problem persists, and I'm running out of ideas. I verified it on 3
boxes with different locale settings by now, so I'm progressively more
certain that it's me doing something stupid. Only, I have no clue at
what.

A public install of the UI prototype is here:
http://ktf1-itfl.urz.uni-bamberg.de/ambaradan

I do NOT advice you look at it with anything else than Mozilla 3 or
superior (3.5.2 is what it's being built for) as I'm investing no time
in checking browser compatibilities, there are loads of CSS involved
and chances are it's gonna look very funny on any other browser. It's
just quick a mockup at this point, the red buttons you see are to be
used to open (not just to toggle, as it happens now) the string
localizator, so that you can localize the GUI while using it. Red
means there is no string, Yellow will mark fuzzy translations (msg
changed upstream). Normally there will be no small ball when the
string is present, although authorized users will be able to set a
flag that will show a green one, to edit msgs that need adjustment,
even when they are marked as present and verified.

What will sadly remain on just any browser is the string at the
bottom, with the broken chars in the guy's name.

I have the like 3 of weeks to fix it, because the prototype must be
usable at least for LTR languages in mid september, at a public
conference in Ireland... and I'm really running out of ideas.

Berto

--