[Help-smalltalk] Re: About a book on GNU Smalltalk

From: Canol Gokel
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: About a book on GNU Smalltalk
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 20:53:37 +0000 (UTC)

Gwenael Casaccio <mrgwen <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Great job !
>
> May be can we reuse some part to improve the GST documentation ?
> Or as a tutorial ? What will be the licence ? May be we could integrate
> it with the GST distribution ?
>
> Cheers,
> Gwen

I want to release it with a license which allows the reuse of every part of the
book for whatever purpose (Is that "too" free? Actually I haven't thought that
much about it yet...) but I have no idea which license to use, I'll look at that
after finishing the book, I guess, but don't hesitate to make suggestions in the
mean time.

Don't hesitate to use any part of it in the distribution itself.

Though I want it to remain as a book than a tutorial. Because tutorials tend to
explain the overall concept quickly while this book tries to explain every
single detail on the learning curve of programming computers.

I'm currently working on Chapter 5 which is the last remaining part of the book.
After that, the first edition will be complete (hopefully) and I'll try to find
ways to make it more open to contributors to create the second edition which
will include advanced topics for advanced programmers (I have to open it because
I'm not an experienced programmer myself :)).