Re: [Help-smalltalk] Example of a using DBi.Postgresql with GLORP

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Example of a using DBi.Postgresql with GLORP
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 10:28:35 +0200

On 10/20/2009 12:08 AM, Tim Kack wrote:
Hi all,

I have a couple of very easy questions and if someone have pointers on
how to proceed I would be very happy:

The first question how do I simply connect using the DBI.Postgresql
accessor for GLORP in gst?

The platform classes have been ported only to MySQL.

If you want to stick with PG, I think it's easier if you use ROE instead. ROE and DBI are very integrated (to the point that the DBI.Table class is a subclass of ROE.RASQLRelation!), so every DBI provider must support ROE.

For examples on how to use the DBI framework, I think your best bet is to look at the Table class in packages/dbi/Table.st.

Is it worthwhile to port GOODS to gst? Or would it better to focus on
the larger and quite mature EyeDB (but without smalltalk bindings)
odbms?

I'll let others answer since I am not very familiar with these technologies.