Re: [Help-smalltalk] PagedDataGrid with JQuery

From: Nicolas Petton
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] PagedDataGrid with JQuery
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 15:25:40 +0100

Le dimanche 15 novembre 2009 à 16:05 +0200, Bèrto ëd Sèra a écrit :
> Hi Nicolas!
>
> I'm thinking to use this: http://plugins.jquery.com/project/rowSelect
> to make single or multiple rows selectable by clicking them.

Hi,

I'm sorry, but I don't really like the idea of using a jquery library,
and write hard-coded javascript in Iliad widgets.

There are two reasons for that. First, one of the ideas behind iliad is
to have automatic AJAX, but widgets should still work without
javascript, just degrading requests to normal ones, and I would like to
keep it this way.

The second reason is that Iliad shouldn't depend on jquery. One could
write an iliad.js file using PrototypeJs or Mootools or whatever, and
Iliad should still work.

That said, there is nothing wrong with using libraries in your own
applications, of course.

Cheers!

Nico