[Help-smalltalk] A funny problem

From: Bèrto ëd Sèra
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] A funny problem
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 05:48:20 +0200

Hi all,

I have a request from a customer about a software that would "know
where it is in a building". It's a sort of hospital, so when personnel
walks from a room to another, their palmtop should "sync" to the
people who are hosted in the room. I could think of putting a bar code
on the door, but this means that if the operator forgets to read the
barcode on entering the room he'll be out of sync. And the more the
call is urgent, the more he is likely to forget about the code,
especially in the beginning.

So I'm asking myself whether there is something that we could hang
somewhere in the room, and that could be automatically "read" read by
a palmtop. Next question is whether (and how) I can read this device
from gst, obviously.

Thanks
Bèrto