Re: [Help-smalltalk] Storing local code in a local repository?

From: Rick Flower
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Storing local code in a local repository?
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 11:01:55 -0700

On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 19:09:29 +0200, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 06/03/2010 06:46 PM, Stefan Schmiedl wrote:
>> On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 09:31:32 -0700
>> Rick Flower<address@hidden>  wrote:
>>
>>> I'll give it a shot when I get back in the office...
>>
>> Then while you're at it ...

>> change the line above to</package>, too.

Ok.. Fixed.. Thanks for catching that!  I was in
a hurry for my physical therapy appt.. Here's the
updated stuff :

<packages>

<package>
  <name>AddOns</name>
  <filein>VisualWorksExtensions.st</filein>
</package>

</packages>

It still isn't finding it (and yes, I did apply the earlier
patch that was sent out and did a "make install" to get it
pushed out to my baseline installation.

So, here's my directory setup :

~/gst/share/smalltalk/site-packages
~/gst/share/smalltalk/site-packages/packages.xml
~/gst/share/smalltalk/site-packages/VisualWorksExtensions.st
~/gst/share/smalltalk/packages.xml

I've added offending lines to the ~/gst/share/smalltalk/packages.xml
with no change in behavior..  Is there supposed to be a
new packages.xml in the 'site-packages' directory or
should it be part of the packages.xml one level up?

Based on the comments in PackageLoader class >>refresh,
I believe the comments should probably be updated to
indicate (if this patch is made part of the baseline)
that this extra path is also searched.

Let me know if I'm off base..