[Help-smalltalk] Re : Bug in the smalltalk-mode.el

From: Mathieu Suen
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re : Bug in the smalltalk-mode.el
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 12:10:37 +0200

The regexp in question is when attempting to match all the temp list that is:

(\s*\w+\s?)*

\s any space
\w any alphabetic letter.

I guess that \w+\s? is boing to prevent prevent backtracking too often but I am
not sure.
I just realize that it wont work when there is more than one space at the end
of the temp list :S.

May be someone have  a better idea?
Regexp might not be the best solution.

        Mth

On Jul 31, 2010, at 10:03 AM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> On 07/30/2010 03:51 PM, Mathieu Suen wrote:
>> Hi Paolo
>>
>> I have add fix the issue so that only temp declaration are now recognize.
>> You can get it from my repository.
>
> I'm still not sure that the regex cannot have exponential behavior.  For now
> I'm not including the change.
>
> Thanks anyway!
>
> Paolo

Yahoo! Mail réinvente le mail ! Découvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail et son
interface révolutionnaire.
http://fr.mail.yahoo.com