[Help-smalltalk] Improving VisualGST Menu

From: Mathieu Suen
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Improving VisualGST Menu
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 19:50:44 +0200

Hi,

With Gwen and Paolo we discuss on IRC on how to make a menu aware of model
change.

For example if we want to disable some menu or to have a check box on it.

Since I can't remember what could go wrong with some solution I want to ask the
ML.
Possible solutions are:

1) use Annoucement
2) make Command behave like a controller for menu item.
3) Other solution

For each there is some advantage and disadvantage. I will let Paolo and Gwen
express themselves on it.

In Cocoa they use the KVO pattern. I don't know how it work internally but
maybe we could apply the same principle.

Thanks for your help

        Mth