[Help-smalltalk] Patch for parsing dates and time

From: Maarten van Beek
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Patch for parsing dates and time
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 04:32:27 +0200

Hello,

While looking at the dates tests with Holger we've noticed that these
tests weren't testing the parsing of dates right. It would check
whether parsing a date would yield the same object as parsing a date
with an added suffix and it checked whether a stream on the date
string with the added suffix indeed included the added suffix. It
should test whether a stream with an added suffix would still contain
this added suffix after the date was parsed. I've edited the tests and
noticed that this revealed some bugs, the suffix wasn't always left
properly in the stream.

The following patch should fix this issue. It patches tests/dates.st
aswel as dates.ok as this contained some errors. Also it fixes bugs in
Date.st, AnsiDates.st and Time.st as they all contained a similar bug
that wouldn't leave the suffix intact.

I hope someone can find the time to review this patch.

Maarten van Beek