Re: [Help-smalltalk] Single stepping issue in the JIT

From: Holger Hans Peter Freyther
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Single stepping issue in the JIT
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 17:57:13 +0100

On Sat, Jan 04, 2014 at 02:54:42PM +0100, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> this is my work-around. I have no idea if that is the right place and/if
> it is correct. The idea is that an already process will not be made runnable.
>
> The real question is probably how this code can be suspended and still be
> considered as the next process.

>>#testCurtailFinish appears to be a true test case issue. The >>#finish
method appears to finish more than one context. I have no idea how this
could break as the jit will go through the normal context activation and
unwinding code.

It would be really great if we could go through this together next week.
With local hacks I have "make check" working for the JIT and I hope I can
enable a matrix build for travis soon and move to lightning 2.0 (and get
ARM support that way).

holger