help-zile

Re: [zile-devel] Update

From: David A. Capello
Subject: Re: [zile-devel] Update
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 22:32:50 -0300

On jue, jul 01, 2004 at 12:56:59 +0200, Reuben Thomas wrote:
> I've just put a first cut of a termcap term interface into CVS. The
> ncurses term interface is still the default; to try termcap, use
> "--disable-curses" to configure.

It's strange, I did "./configure" and the ncurses wasn't compiled
(always I got the termcap), maybe there are an error in the detection
of the ncurses.

> The new header file zterm.h multiplexes term_ncurses.h and term_termcap.h,
> according to the configure options.
>
> I'd be interested in any feedback, especially on the new code, rough as it
> is. I hope to find more time to work on it soon, ending up with a port of
> zile to Symbian (I tried this using curses a few years ago, but it was
> horribly slow, because the curses implementation was useless; I am
> currently using a cutdown emacs called eemacs which is a bit flaky but
> works fast enough, so I'm hoping to use the same termcap implementation
> for zile).

The termcap version is really ugly (some rare numbers appears in the
minibuf, like "1073743903H", etc.), also, when I find a file or put an
yes/no anwser, the text that I write appears aligned to the right
(when the message appears aligned to the left), e.g.:

Find file:                                                      ~/tests/hello.c

--
http://www.davidcapello.com.ar