help-zile

Re: [zile-devel] Cygwin-bug#20050117T1210: [serious] zile: terminal scre

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: Re: [zile-devel] Cygwin-bug#20050117T1210: [serious] zile: terminal screen layout error
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 18:15:22 +0100 (CET)

Thanks for the bug report.

It looks as though some termcap strings are missing, in particular cm (which is stored in cm_string). Zile should really give up if that is not available.

You could help by changing tgetstr_safe in term_termcap.c to read something like:

static char *tgetstr_safe(const char *cap, char **tcap)
{
        char *s = tgetstr(cap, tcap);
        fprintf(stderr, "%s: %s\n", cap, s);
        return s ? s : "";
}

and tell me what strings you get. I'm guessing the crash is caused by an empty string too, though I'm not sure where yet.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org/ | Aphorisms only work in retrospect