help-zile

[zile-devel] Zile 2.0

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: [zile-devel] Zile 2.0
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 03:17:53 +0100 (CET)

Nicolas,

I have another bug fix or two to make 2.0beta11, which I'll put out soon. In the mean time yet another bug, in auto-fill-mode, has come up. I have a fix, but it's quite complicated, and I'm nervous about releasing 2.0 so soon with it in. Nothing really bad seems to happen without it, but try setting fill-column to 3 and turn auto-fill-mode on and you'll see what the problem is.

Hence, I was wondering what the situation with Sarge is. From this week's weekly news, it seems that a freeze is pretty close. If you are in danger of missing Sarge, I'm happy to release 2.0 on Monday, as I said before. If not, I'll release 2.0beta11 with my new bug fix in, and push the release back a week or two.

Alternatively, I could put the fix into 2.0beta11, and then take it out if it causes problems.

What do you think? A quick reply would be helpful...

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org/ | habit, n.  a shackle for the free (Bierce)