libcdio-devel

Re: [Libcdio-devel] libcdio-2.1.0-rc1 available for testing (Was OpenBSD

From: Edd Barrett
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] libcdio-2.1.0-rc1 available for testing (Was OpenBSD vs libcdio vs Audacious)
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 13:57:57 +0100

Hi Rocky,

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 12:18:17PM -0400, Rocky Bernstein wrote:
> libcdio 2.1.0 release candidate 1 is now available for testing.

Thanks for this.

> I made a round of lint and valgrind fixes. If I don't hear problems back
> wiithin a relatively short time, I'll release probably early next week.

One trivial problem I notice is that the `mmc_read` test will fail if
there is no disk in the drive:

---8<---
FAIL: mmc_read
==============

Wait for drive error
FAIL mmc_read (exit status: 2)
--->8---

It passes if there is a disk in the drive.

I don't think that should stop you releasing.

> - Fix handling in drivers,libcdio-paranoia and `cd-info` when starting
> track number is greater than 1. (Thomas Schmitt)

IIRC, that was a joint effort between Thomas and me.

> - `cdda-player` fixes, such as adding a missing `-d` in cdd-player help

Typo here?  `cdd-player` -> `cdda-player`?

> - Various errors in driver reading turned into warnings. (Thomas Schmitt)

I also seem to recall doing some of the work for that too.

You also disabled cdda-player on some platforms. Worth mentioning?

I'm now going to test the whole stack in audacious.

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett

http://www.theunixzoo.co.uk