libmicrohttpd

Re: [libmicrohttpd] Using MHD_stop_daemon with signal() or elsewhere?

From: Evgeny Grin
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] Using MHD_stop_daemon with signal() or elsewhere?
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 21:18:04 +0300

Hi Gavin,

Using graceful closure is one of the vital thing for correct implementation of any application. Of course you *must* call MHD_stop_daemon() as it stops MHD threads, free memory, closes sockets, and does other cleanups.

Not calling this function is like allocating memory without deallocating.
If your application is designed to work as systemd daemon, you must handle SIGTERM signal to properly close/free all resources before final exit.

--
Evgeny