libredwg

Re: [libredwg] Python bindings

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [libredwg] Python bindings
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 14:51:46 +0200

Hi Rodrigo,

I can try to do it in swing and see how dose it takes ..
I never do anything with swing but looking at the swig documentation it dose
not seems to be very difficult.

I'm very interested to have dwg support for my application.
PythonCAD could be a good application for viewing and modifie dwg files ..
Even for testing pourpouse for the libredwg.

Actually in PythonCAD, I will read dxf file and render the entity in the
graphic area as a new layer.
you can give a try downloading the last git commited at :
git://pythoncad.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/pythoncad/pythoncad set the R38
branch that is the actual in development.

I actually support arc/circle line text polyline.
we got some truble with color..

so What I really need is a lib that reads\write the file and give me the
ability to get this information for rendering on my Application.

Let me know if we can make a sort of cooperation to get the binding works in a
short time.
I would like to go out with my first beta for the end of the year.

Regards,
Matteo