libreplanet-ca-on

[lp-ca-on] NETFILE certified freedom

From: Stephen Paul Weber
Subject: [lp-ca-on] NETFILE certified freedom
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 02:05:08 +0000

Looking at <http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/esrvc-srvce/tx/ndvdls/netfile-impotnet/menu-eng.html> I see that there are a few requirements, but it looks doable. Of course, a given deployment of the software would need to be ceritified by the CRA and have credentials for their backend, but this does not cause a serious issue for producing free filing software.

Based on what we talked about in the mumble meeting, and previously on-list, it seems like the easiest first step would be to produce a libre web service, and get it certified, where people upload a digital T1 (in some format -- perhaps based on the format we need to send the CRA APIs, or some nice format or whatever). And then the software files this digital T1 for the user. Then anyone can write software that generates this standard format that we accept, etc.

--
Stephen Paul Weber, @singpolyma
See <http://singpolyma.net> for how I prefer to be contacted