lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 687 in lilypond: Enhancement: inequal MIDI qua

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 687 in lilypond: Enhancement: inequal MIDI quantization of equal durations (swing, rubato)
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2012 18:17:14 +0000

Comment #42 on issue 687 by address@hidden: Enhancement: inequal MIDI quantization of equal durations (swing, rubato)

I'm aware of that. My point was, the logic needs to decide what to do with note boundaries *first*, and then adjust note starts/ends accordingly, rather than approach the problem initially by considering starts/ends.

I think displacement is actually more correct than scaling, since the swing is only applied selectively to certain notes, not to the whole time "axis" or dimension (see my older comments on the incompleteness of the analogy with a single mis-shaped cam for more on this).