lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2658 in lilypond: wrong stem rendering (incons

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2658 in lilypond: wrong stem rendering (inconsistent thickness)
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 03:15:32 +0000

Comment #81 on issue 2658 by address@hidden: wrong stem rendering (inconsistent thickness)

Stems are 0.65 pt wide by default, drawn with pen leaving a 0.4-pt-wide line ('blot-diameter'). The track of the pen as it draws down one side of the stem is only 0.15 pt from its track up the other side.

Stems, bar-lines, and breathing signs use 'blot-diameter', while beams and flags reference it (presumably to meet their stems properly).

We could have the option  -dsimple-stems
to make very narrow rectangles---width less than twice the blot-diameter---drawn as one stroke with an appropriately broad pen. Then we don't double the file size.

Frescobaldi could -dsimple-stems by default; other users could be advised :
"LilyPond draws stems as narrow rectangles. If these look non-uniform in your PDF viewer, you might change settings in the viewer (for example de-selecting EnhanceThinLines in Adobe Reader) or use the option -dsimple-stems to ask LilyPond to produce simple lines."