lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3560 in lilypond: Completion_heads_engraver wi

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3560 in lilypond: Completion_heads_engraver with \scaleDurations
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2013 10:29:50 +0000

Comment #22 on issue 3560 by address@hidden: Completion_heads_engraver with \scaleDurations

transcribing polymetric renaissance music routinely needs

\scaleDurations 2/3 { a\breve. }

resolved as

\scaleDurations 2/3 { a1. ~ | a1. }

and not as

a1 ~ | a1

well, as I think of it, I can force that behaviour by setting your completionLongestScaled to something very big.

my gut feeling is that this proposal is not any more practical than introducing a boolean flag to choose between the two behaviours: if anybody wants both behaviours in the same score, odds are that at some places they are needed simultaneously as in comment #17.