lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3567 in lilypond: MMR split at line break

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3567 in lilypond: MMR split at line break
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 17:27:55 +0000

Comment #3 on issue 3567 by address@hidden: MMR split at line break

This is difficult to fix. You'd need to either condition the music stream before it hits the engravers to automatically split MMR at bar lines or create both rests and MMR in the MMR engraver and then use the one that's needed, junking the other. The latter approach is pretty wasteful - I've used it in a few engravers and it causes a lot of grobs to be created for nothing. I'm a big of the former approach: make this decision before the music stream ever hits the engravers via music functions.