Re: gub: I can now completely build lilypond

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: gub: I can now completely build lilypond
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2019 10:45:23 +0100

Il giorno mar 15 gen 2019 alle 19:03, Knut Petersen <address@hidden> ha scritto:

I'll try `make lilypond` on LilyDev, both Debian 9 (gcc 6.3.0) and Fedora 29 versions (gcc downgraded to 7.3.1).

Thanks. If building of tools::python stops with the segfault you reported linking is basically ok. So there is a good chance that downgrading from gcc 8 to gcc 7 is all that is needed on your system.

Can you summarize which patches I should apply to gub? Pull requests 53, 54, 55, 56? Any other?

That should be ok.

I've just started the build on LilyDev Debian 9. I'll let you know how it goes.

In case others want to test the build, these are the commands to test the latest GUB status:

git clone https://github.com/gperciva/gub.git

cd gub

wget https://patch-diff.githubusercontent.com/raw/gperciva/gub/pull/53.patch https://patch-diff.githubusercontent.com/raw/gperciva/gub/pull/54.patch https://patch-diff.githubusercontent.com/raw/gperciva/gub/pull/55.patch https://patch-diff.githubusercontent.com/raw/gperciva/gub/pull/56.patch

git am *.patch

wget -P regtests http://lilypond.org/downloads/binaries/test-output/lilypond-2.19.82-1.test-output.tar.bz2

touch regtests/ignore

make lilypond