Re: LilyDev 0.3

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: LilyDev 0.3
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 06:43:32 +0100

Il giorno gio 17 gen 2019 alle 0:54, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> ha scritto:

CG says:
Note: The image can be booted only on EFI, so you must enable it
within the virtual machine’s settings – click on System → Motherboard
and select ‘Extended features: Enable EFI’.

But on my system:
$ efibootmgr
EFI variables are not supported on this system.

So I can't use LilyDev 0.3  ??

I get the same  output here but I can run LilyDev.

If you want to run LilyDev in VirtualBox, version 0.3 doesn't work well with it. This has been fixed in version 0.4 (not yet released, as I'm testing GUB builds):
https://github.com/fedelibre/LilyDev/compare/v0.3...master

If your system is running systemd, I strongly suggest to download and use the container instead.
systemd-nspawn is provided by the systemd-container package.