Re: grand copyright replacement

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: grand copyright replacement
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 19:46:17 +0100 (CET)

>> Assuming we are running `grand-replace' next year again this would
>> be (in almost all cases) a one-time job.
>
> Would there be a way to automate it so the first build run in a new
> year updates all the copyrights?

Well, the *proper* way IMHO would be to use gnulib's
`update-copyright' script, which is more flexible – and actively
maintained.  However, I'm a lazy guy, and `grand-replace' does its job
as long as all affected files contain the last year in the copyright
notice, and this is what I will do manually once.

    Werner