Re: Clairnote tablet sheetmusic reader app?

From: Graham King
Subject: Re: Clairnote tablet sheetmusic reader app?
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2019 13:20:37 +0000

On 1 Jan 2019, at 00:22, Carter Sanders wrote:

> Hi-
>
> Sorry if this has been asked before. I'm new to the list and couldn't find
> anything about it in the archives.
>
> Does anybody know of or use a clairnote-compatibile sheet music reader like
> forscore? Has anybody tried to feed clairnote into forscore's reflow feature?
>
> Thanks-
>       Carter

I didn't know about clairnote, nor about Forscore's reflow feature, but I've
just experimented a bit:

The Mozart string 4tet, K387, at
https://clairnote.org/sheet-music-files/MozartWA/KV387/k387/k387-lys/k387-score-dn-a4.pdf
 seems to work just fine, as one would expect since Forscore is "just" a PDF
reader and doesn't really understand the musical notation.

With conventional notation, reflow seems to need a bit of help with very busy
scores that have many staves per system and variable systems per page.  Other
than that, it seems quite impressive.  Thanks for pointing it out.

-- Graham