Re: <<aes,2. \\ {s4 ees2} \\ {s2 bes4}>>

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: <<aes,2. \\ {s4 ees2} \\ {s2 bes4}>>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2019 12:40:10 -0800

On 2019-01-05 12:59 pm, Wols Lists wrote:
When we perform, our music is usually stuck to the stands with
everything we can lay our hands on to keep it there - it's not uncommon
for an attempt to turn the page to result in the music disappearing down
the field ... it has been known for the music to disappear down the
field taking the stand with it :-)

Ha! You reminded me of my high school days when I had been in the Jazz band. During my senior (final) year, I wasn't in the band officially anymore but was asked to play at an event to sub in for the regular bassist who couldn't make it. It was an outdoor event on a rather windy day. To their credit, the parents and other family members present were pretty good about chasing down paper. But I don't think we ever lost a stand, so I can only imagine the conditions you are forced to play in.

-- Aaron Hill