Re: Aleatoric Elements with barlines

From: Flaming Hakama by Elaine
Subject: Re: Aleatoric Elements with barlines
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 18:15:11 -0800

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Aaron Hill <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2019 08:59:20 -0800

If it turns out to be unacceptable to move the engravers for the
majority of your project, you could consider engraving this cadenza
section as its own score which allows it to have an independent layout
block.  This alternate strategy means subdividing your one score into
multiple scores, so you would need to adjust things like measure
numbering, indentation, and other spacing variables to get the final
output to appear seamless.

-- Aaron Hill

Also, unless there is more flexibility with score layout than I'm familiar with, if you break things into multiple scores, each score must start on a new line, as I don't think you can change mid-line from score to score.

For actual multi-stave scores, that is probably not at all a problem.

But if the parts are also organized this way, then each part will have to have a line break before and after this cadenza.  Whereas typically for the instruments resting during the cadenza (unless you are putting the cadenza cue in each part) the cadenza measure would probably just a whole bar rest, that occupies only part of a line, and has other content before and/or after it.

I guess if this is an actual limitation, you coulduse the multi-score approach for the actual score, and a single-score approach for parts.

HTH,

Elaine Alt
415 . 341 .4954                                           "Confusion is highly underrated"
address@hidden
Producer ~ Composer ~ Instrumentalist