Re: select a note in a chord

From: Davide Bonetti
Subject: Re: select a note in a chord
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 14:16:27 +0100

Great!
Everything very interesting.
In this case, drop is a lilypond music function, so I assume it will not interfere with slri (but I don't know what slri is)

Cheers
D.

Il 18 gennaio 2019 01:21:31 CET, David Kastrup <address@hidden> ha scritto:
David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

Valentin Villenave <address@hidden> writes:

On 1/18/19, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
This is not really an issue for string-manipulation.

Agreed. Nevertheless, I was pleasantly surprised to see that
ly:parser-include-string could accept an incomplete _expression_.
(Previously, ly:parser-parse-string would have been much less flexible
here.)

Let's rather do this in a sane manner:

Indeed, a named "let" loop is clearly the preferred way to go!

That being said, I still wonder if there’d be any way of making it
work with either iota or make-list without having to go through string
manipulations. (It would remove the need for a loop with an
incremented counter.)

You can use something like
(fold (if (negative? num) drop rise)
music
(make-list (abs num) 1))

but I don't like creating lists for the sake of controlling loop size.

By the way: `drop' is a function imported from (slri slri-1) and it's
probably not a good idea to redefine it.

--
Inviato dal mio dispositivo Android con K-9 Mail. Perdonate la brevità.