Re: setting one \book to landscape

From: N. Andrew Walsh
Subject: Re: setting one \book to landscape
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 16:30:20 +0100

Hi List,

On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 12:39 PM N. Andrew Walsh <address@hidden> wrote:

I have an input file with the following structure:

\paper {
  #(set-default-paper-size "a3" )
}

\include "file 1 - content.ly"
\include "file 2 - content.ly"

\book {
\include "file 1 - score.ly"
}

\book {
\include "file 2 - score.ly"
}

The second file has its own paper block as follows:

\paper {
  #(set-paper-size "a3" 'landscape )
  two-sided = "false"
  left-margin = 5\mm
  right-margin = 15\mm
   #(define fonts
     (set-global-fonts
      #:factor (/ staff-height pt 24 )
      ))
  system-system-spacing.basic-distance = #36
  score-system-spacing =
    #'((basic-distance . 24)
       (minimum-distance . 12)
       (padding . 8)
       (stretchability . 12))

}

There's one other matter here with this score: In the console output, I see this:

Drawing systems. . .
warning: compressing over-full page by 24.5 staff-spaces
warning: page 1 has been compressed

So how can I figure out why it's compressing the page? I don't see any \paper block besides these I've listed that specify a size for the page, so I don't know where it could be. Is there some special procedure for making landscape-format scores?