Re: Title Position Off

From: Reggie
Subject: Re: Title Position Off
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 19:04:58 -0700 (MST)

Aaron Hill wrote
> A side commentary, if you would not mind.  You have posted a few times
> asking for features that seem to show a focus on WYSIWYG-style
> activities.  You are probably used to using tools that let you click and
> drag items around on a virtual paper, placing things wherever you see
> fit.  This is very un-LilyPond, which is almost certainly why you are
> experiencing frustration.  To use LilyPond is to learn and adopt a new
> way of thinking about music engraving.
>
> Arbitrary positioning of items is not something typically done in
> LilyPond, although there are some ways to facilitate the task.  Since
> this is not the "normal" (as LilyPond defines it) way of doing things,
> it must be expected that you as the user will have to do the lifting,
> however heavy it may be.
>
> My point here is that you may stand your best chance at success by
> taking a step back from the work you are doing and reconsider your
> approach.  If I looked at my music and said, "I think the title is too
> far down on the paper", my experience tells me that the solution is to
> change the spacing between the top of the paper and the header block.
> The \paper block has top-margin and top-markup-spacing to adjust for
> this.
>
> -- Aaron Hill

I don't mind no that was really actually helpful to hear you say thank you
yes I believe you are correct. My eyes are open now. Sorry. Is there a way
to only adjust the first page top-margin or must I do what Kieren suggested
which is "" then you need to decrease top-markup-spacing (to reduce the gap
between the top margin and your title) and compensate by increasing
markup-system-spacing (so that the first system stays where it currently
is).
 ""

Sorry thank you.