Re: Making espressivo longer

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Making espressivo longer
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 15:57:38 +0000

On 1/22/19, 8:07 PM, "Aaron Hill" <address@hidden> wrote:

    NOTE: I could not find a predicate for an association list, so I
    provided one here.  If I overlooked something that already exists, then
    we should swap out the predicate for that one.

When I was creating fret diagrams, Han-Wen did not want to use a function like
this for alists because he said it was too time-intensive to run every time we
wanted to check an alist.

So he had me use list? Instead.

I don't know if that advice still applies, because I haven't looked to see how
much it would slow down our code if we changed all occurrences of list? to
assoc-list? when the argument is supposed to be an alist.  We pass *lots* of
alists throughout liliypond.

Thanks,

Carl