Re: Clef moves notes why??

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Clef moves notes why??
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 21:09:48 +0000

On 1/24/19, Reggie <address@hidden> wrote:
> I wish to know why it's ruining my
> other staff? So much extra space at the beginning of the other staff see
> it?
> Why? Why can't the code just move the clef and leave everything else
> alone??

Greetings, Reggie,
I’m not sure how Lily could handle that:
- the barlines need to be aligned between the upper and lower staff
- the first note in the measure, both in the upper and lower staff,
need to be aligned as well
- there’s a Clef that need to be printed in the lower Staff, _before_
the first note but _after_ the barline.

In other words, you’d need to disable vertical synchronization and I’m
not sure how to do that. There are other workarounds, but I doubt
you’d be satisfied with something like that:

%%%%%%%%%%
\new ChoirStaff <<
  \new Staff \with {
    \override SpacingSpanner.strict-note-spacing = ##t
  }\relative {
    f' e d c c d e f g f e d
  }
  \new Staff {
    \override Score.BreakAlignment.break-align-orders =
    #(make-vector 3 '(left-edge
                      time-signature
                      staff-bar
                      clef))
    \stopStaff s1
    \startStaff
    \clef treble
    g2 g g g
  }

\layout {
  \context { \Score \remove Spacing_engraver }
  \context { \Staff \consists Spacing_engraver }
}
V.