Re: Clef moves notes why??

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Clef moves notes why??
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 14:38:27 -0800

On 2019-01-24 1:20 pm, Reggie wrote:
David Kastrup wrote
Reggie wrote:
\override Staff.Clef.stencil = ##t
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
what is that even supposed to be/do?

David I do think it's quite obvious what I wass trying. [ . . . ]

The question was directed specifically at the statement David underlined. What is your intention for setting a stencil to true? What are you expecting LilyPond to do in response?

Normally, a stencil must be an actual stencil (viz. ly:stencil?). You may set it to false as a way to mean "no stencil", but there is to my knowledge no defined behavior for the other Boolean.

-- Aaron Hill