Re: Hiding a ledger line

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Hiding a ledger line
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2019 22:57:30 +0100

Jean-Julien Fleck <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello Joe,
>

> Le sam. 26 janv. 2019 à 21:23, Joseph Srednicki <address@hidden>
> a écrit :
>
>> Hello Everyone:
>>
>> See the following example. I am trying to hide the first e  the first bea
>> in the upper voice. I successfully hid the note head and stem, but cannot
>> seem to hide the ledger line.
>>
>> Can someone please give me the appropriate command to do this?
>>
>> I experimented with StaffSymbol.ledger-positions, but was unsuccessful.
>>
>> Also, if I am taking the wrong approach, please let me know.
>>
>> I searched the documentation, but was unsuccessful in finding the
>> appropriate resolution.
>>

> I think that you are searching for \hideNotes
>
> {
>   \clef bass
> <<
>   {\once \hideNotes e'4 e' e' e' |}
>   \\
>   {c'4 c' c' c' |}
>>>
> }
>
> which is explained here in the docs:
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/inside-the-staff
> (search for hideNotes in the page)

In this case, I'd rather use \single \hideNotes e'4 since that hides the
given note (and its elements) rather than hiding all notes of the voice
at the current moment.  It's more a matter of principle: I don't
actually know what will happen with a ledger line stack when you hide
only one of the responsible notes.

--
David Kastrup