Re: Modifying Stencil for Clef

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Modifying Stencil for Clef
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 12:17:13 +0000

On Fri, 2019-02-22 at 13:04 +0100, Lukas-Fabian Moser wrote:
> Am 22.02.19 um 12:49 schrieb Richard Shann:
> > I've been following up the idea of using markup as stencils:
> >
> > http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/modifying-sten
> > cils
> >
> > and have got it working for NoteHead and for Dots (which was my
> > use-
> > case). But trying to generalize to more layout objects I ran into
> > trouble. This I expected would replace the change of clef with a
> > "T"
> > but it does not:
> >
> > \version "2.18.2"
> > {
> >    c'
> >    \once \override ClefModifier.stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
> >    \once \override ClefModifier.text = \markup{T}
> >    \clef bass
> >    c'
> > }
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> Clef modifiers are the numbers indicating transposition (ottava
> violin
> clef etc.).

Thanks - I see - ClefModifier is then an interesting case, I can
imagine people wanting to tweak the modifier, but that fails for me
even with the specifier "Staff." inserted:

\version "2.18.2"
{
  c'
 \override Staff.ClefModifier.stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
 \once \override Staff.ClefModifier.text = \markup{T}
 \clef "bass_8"
  c'
}

Just shows the italic 8 as usual.