Re: Modifying Stencil for Clef

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Modifying Stencil for Clef
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2019 15:44:06 +0000

On Sat, 2019-02-23 at 10:16 +0100, Pierre Perol-Schneider wrote:
> Hi Richard,
> How about:
>
> \version "2.18.2"
>
> {
>   c'
>   %\once \override Staff.ClefModifier.stencil = #ly:text-
> interface::print
>   %\once \override Staff.ClefModifier.text = \markup \normal-text "T"
>   \once \override Staff.ClefModifier.stencil =
>     #(lambda (grob) (grob-interpret-markup grob #{ \markup "T" #}))
>   \clef "F_8"
> }

Thank you - not only is this shorter but the same syntax can be used
for all the grobs I have tried so I've made this the default in Denemo
for the command "Change Stencil". The complete interface looks like
this:
You invoke "Change Stencil" and get offered a choice of grobs, once
chosen you get a markup editor which takes your text and continuously
compiles it using LilyPond to display what the markup will look like in
a pane above your text. When satisfied the syntax above is inserted
with your choice of markup and it then affects the next grob of the
chosen type.

Richard