Re: Transpose from major to minor key

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Transpose from major to minor key
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 18:38:16 -0800

On 2024-01-10 6:30 pm, Freeman Gilmore wrote:
Aaron Does LP have that?    That would be a trick for modes other than
between major and minor and that may not work well.
Thank you, ƒg

Sorry for not linking the docs directly.

https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.25/Documentation/notation/modal-transformations

On Wed, Jan 10, 2024 at 5:20 PM Aaron Hill via LilyPond user discussion <

On 2024-01-10 1:26 pm, Butter Cream wrote:
> Hi, I have a piece of music written in the key of G major and I want
> the pitches to transpose to e minor. How do I do this.
>
> When I use the command \transpose g e it changes to E major (all g
> notes are sharped)

I think you'll need to use \modalTranspose to achieve what you want.

-- Aaron Hill