lout-users

wrong(?) figure numbering

From: robert . butora
Subject: wrong(?) figure numbering
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 16:32:49 +0200 (EET)

Hi Louters,

I use 'TryAfterLine' for positioning the Figures (Tables).
If I have relatively many figures compared to text in a
Chapter/Section then
some Figures slip over into the next Chapter/Section
and will be numbered by that new chapter however
according to their position in the source file
      @Section ...  @Figure... @End Section
they would belong to the previous one.

Thus the Figure numbering seems to work according to the position
in the final postscript file rather then by the position
of the @Figure statement in the lout-source file.

 Is there an setup option to get the Figures numbered
by their position in the source file ?

Or (maybe better):

 How to prevent mixing Figures from previous chapter
with those of next chapter ? (and rather to start the
next Chapter after all Figures/Tables were handled.)

Any experience with this ?

Thanks in advance
Robert