lout-users

Re: lout 3.19: Bug in running table headers?

From: Jeffrey Howard Kingston
Subject: Re: lout 3.19: Bug in running table headers?
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 08:28:52 +0100

Well, Lout shouldn't go on endlessly like that.

At a guess, your header (which you've enclosed in double quotes for
some reason, preventing Lout from breaking it into a two-line header
if it is too wide) is too wide for the available space, and Lout is
endlessly trying new pages to see if it will fit on them.

In fact, I think there is something in one of the guides (perhaps
the Expert's Guide) about the danger of this effect.

I'll take a closer look at it and get back to you.  Perhaps I can
do something to stop the endless re-trying, even if your particular
document is doomed to failure.

Jeff